Wednesday, August 20, 2014

No More "Cookie Cutter" Kitchen

Hi there, friends! Today, I would like like to share my new display cabinet in the kitchen. A cabinet to display things for every season! 
I like to branch away from "cookie-cutter" kitchens. Why not personalize a kitchen to your style and decorating taste, right? So, that's what I did!
I removed the cabinet doors and hardware,  removed the shelves, and then ran to Home Depot for some spray paint primer, and some paint.
I purchased these shelf brackets from Home Depot to add some extra support.
I decided to go with Black paint, I thought it would look good against the warm colored cabinets.
You can see the paint is drying in the photo above. 
I couldn't wait to start accessorizing for Fall.
I started with the top shelf and began to layer things. I started with some green floral pieces and then added a fall garland to that. I placed a pumpkin on a pedestal and then added pumpkins, fall corn, and a fall berry garland to finish the look.
I added an Autumn sign, and below that shelf, a Rooster Platter and some pumpkins propped up on candle holders. Lastly, I placed an acorn and one more pumpkin beside it, and whala, project complete!
I am proud to report that my house is all decorated for fall. The only thing left to do is my "Fall Tree" but I will hold off a few more weeks. The house looks so warm and cozy, I have so much to share, can't wait!
Thanks for visiting! XOXO, ~Liz
Linking up with:

21 comments:

  1. Love your cabinet redo Liz ! Can't wait to see your Fall decorating.. I am sure its amazing ! !
    I am holding off until Sept. 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cabinet looks great! I love it! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cabinet looks awesome, Liz! Love all of your fall accents...you are on a roll! Now, feel free to come on over to my place and do mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely can't wait to see more!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely can't wait to see more!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you believe its already time for Fall decorating? Time just goes so fast! Everything is looking so beautiful in your home, I am catching autumn fever :) I was originally inspired by your blog and a few others to start my own blog last year, and just about the time I decided to start one, yours was gone! So, I am so happy you're back!! I would love for you to hop on over and give my blog a look-see when you have a spare minute... I am recently back after some time away and I'm so ready to get back in the swing! Cant wait to see what else you have to show us! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did to your kitchen cabinet!! Another place to decorate is always fun!!! Really looking forward to seeing your home decorated for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cabinet. And the best thing is if you change your mind it will be easy to change it back.
    You do the best fall decorating! Like everyone else...Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cabinet idea! It looks so pretty. Can't wait to see the rest of your decorating...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so great, Liz! Cannot wait to see more of your Fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I can smell pumpkin spice candle just looking at your pictures!! I can't wait to pull my Fall stuff out as well. Can't wait to see what else you have :) -Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liz, I love what you have done! While I don't see myself going to the extremes of painting, I definately see myself copying you and decorating the insides of my cabinets with glass doors with fall decor. There is nothing cozier than fall. I have had my vanilla caramel spice wax melts "aromatizing" my house for a week now. Oh how I love it. Great job, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to smile when I realized that this is the 4th year that I've heard you announce that your'e already decorated for Fall! I love all that you do with your seasonal decor! And, what a fabulous idea with your shelves! How cool that you spray painted/painted the shelves! We're getting ready to take down a cabinet to add open shelving, but, I might have to think again after seeing your magic! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Liz this is amazing such a great idea from the regular kitchen look. Once again you out done yourself happy fall decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Liz,

    I love this post and your blog is great.
    New follower here.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much everyone, I truly appreciate all your sweet comments! xoxo, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks great Liz! The black paint will make all your pretty accessories pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE this idea!!! The shelves look awesome. I love the black background too, it makes everything pop! Beautiful, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow what a transformation. So smart and creative! Thanks for sharing your 'how to'.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...