Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Elements Of A Tuscan Dining Room

The elements that make up our Tuscan Style Dining room are warm earthy colors, pottery, iron looking wall art, heaving metal sconces, greenery, and faux fruit.
Wispy greenery looks more natural and makes for an elegant arrangement.
Adding greenery, or a simple garden ball adds a softness to otherwise heavy looking pieces.
I especially love to add a lot of faux fruit as we get closer to spring.
Artichokes are so pretty, add them to any bowl with a sprig of greenery and grapes, it pops!
I like to layer things. Place a bowl on top of a woven tray, it adds depth and texture.
Place an artichoke, or two, below any display...it gives the display a bit more visual interest. 
I use candle sconces to display garden balls, it's different and I like to be different! ;)
I like to group items together to make pretty table vignettes.
Below: I took a shelf from Hobby Lobby, placed an urn with greenery on top, and set a simple moss ball beside it.
If you have a glass candle holder, fill it with a few moss balls, instead of a candle.
Once again, I added grapes to fill in...they are great space fillers! ;)
Lastly, I added two lanterns on either side of my hutch, and placed some battery operated LED candles inside. These candles are awesome...they are on timers and go on every night at 5 and go off at 9pm, which adds a lovely ambiance to the room each and every night.
The elements that make up your room are the very things that give it character, so have fun grouping items, accessorizing, and thinking out of the box.
XO, Liz
Linking up with: 
Be Inspired Party
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Grace At Home Party
Anything Blue Friday

16 comments:

  1. LOVE the metal lanterns! I just stocked up on lots of greenery that was on sale at Michaels this week. (Woo hoo for 40% off!) That's always been one of my most favorite things about the way you decorate, LOTS of greenery. It all looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz, so happy to see you here again, I really missed all the wonderful ideas from you, I am so loving all the green moss balls. Once again so glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one does Tuscan better than you Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great ideas! I especially like the lanterns with the candles - no need for an electrician! I love using grapes in my decor also - they work with just about everything. Looking forward to seeing more from you!
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  5. We missed you dearly! I am so glad you are back and looking gorgeous as ever:) I have missed your beautiful home decor, ideas and inspirations! Love the pretty vignettes and the gorgeous yellow pottery...looks amazing with the greenery:) Thanks for coming back:) Have a lovely day! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you could write a post about pretty much anything, Liz, and we would all be hanging on every word! You have been so very much missed, sweetie, and it is so wonderful to have you back blogging about all these things that you do so well!
    XO,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz, I am sooo happy to see your posts again! Your Tuscan vignettes inspire me so much! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful home!! You're a pro!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Liz, sooooo happy to see you are back! Your style and flair have been missed by many. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blog and your posts are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So warm and welcoming!

    Thanks for the visit.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas! Your vignettes all look perfect- warm and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks divine! Welcome back Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Liz!!!! I am SO excited to see you back here. I have always hoped you would take up blogging again. Your sense of style is as wonderful as it always has been...and-I'm not sure-but I think your photos are even better! Whooo Hoooo...Liz is IN THE HOUSE!!!!! xo Diana

    ps. You DO know you have word verification on, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liz- I just popped back in to tell you that when you leave a comment you are a No Reply blogger. Didn't know if you are aware of that or not. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. Liz- so happy you are back. I love your sense of style! Where did you find the lanterns?
    Keep up the great work

    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the greenery you use. I have started adding greenery in areas of our home. I just think it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...